Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Rain, Rain, Go Away?

It's been raining in Austin since Saturday. No, really -- since Saturday! Traffic accidents have abounded and there's been at least a couple of deaths as a result of people trying to go through low water crossings. I had to drive (extremely slowly) through one just to take my son to school this morning -- and it was on the only street going to the school! Okay, so maybe they should have considered delaying opening the charter school this morning or using a "bad weather" day. I mean, when they're talking about your city's weather on national talk radio shows, you have some serious weather going on! Two tornadoes and several deaths in San Antonio, Texas.

Believe it or not, I'm not complaining. I'm amazed.

If this is what happens in five days of mild to moderate rain, I can't imagine 40 days of this when it had never rained before, in Noah's day. The rain must have been severely intense, too -- probably hurricane force. It would have been unimaginably terrible. So, this, by comparison, is not that bad.

The sun should come back out tomorrow. I can tread water till then...

If you're in Texas, stay dry!

Best Wishes,
Allen

No comments: