Thursday, November 13, 2003

A Relatively Short Blog - With Some More Updates To The Site

A cold front passed through Austin last night and thanks to my allergies, I've not quite been 100% today. That, combined with some salsa that went bad, unbeknownst to me -- (Oh, why do things that still taste and smell so good give you food poisoning anyway?? Agh!) -- and it made for a strange day. But I seem to be doing better now and I'm grateful...

Speaking of moods, I went ahead and added the imood indicator to IR Haven, along with some new IR links, a new webring and Weatherpixie (to show you current conditions in Austin, Texas.

I recently renewed my library card. It had been so long since I'd used it, I was entirely out of the system...so they made me a new card and added me back into the system. I could only check out two books initially and, being the Star Trek geek that I am, I chose a couple of Star Trek books. Since I never saw the pilot episode of Enterprise, I checked out the book version of "Broken Bow" by Diane Carey. It must have been a pretty good read since I finished the 250-page story in a day and a half! The other book I checked out is "Star Trek: Preserver" by William Shatner, with Judith & Garfield Reeves-Stevens. I read "Star Trek: Dark Victory" a number of years ago and rather enjoyed their work with the characters of the different crews in the "classic," "next generation" and "mirror" universes (only Star Trek geeks would probably get that, so no biggie). After this, I'm gonna take a break from Trek for a while.

Just a quick update, I'll try to check back in this weekend.

Best Wishes,
Allen