Sunday, November 09, 2003

IR Thought For The Day

I am in a wonderful mood tonight. I want to share an IR-related “food for thought” commentary. Those who have followed this blog for a while know that I am a Christian and I’m not ashamed to say so. My wife is also a Christian. We are in an interracial marriage and have two young biracial sons. We are members of a nondenominational church which welcomes all nations and which has many interracial married couples and many multiracial children and individuals as members. We have been taught, based on Biblical scripture, that God is no respecter of persons (meaning that He doesn’t discriminate against nations or races of people) and that Jesus Christ came to save people of all nations/races.

There are those who believe (or have been taught) that spiritual salvation is only for one race/nation, etc. I have been taught that everyone will have an opportunity to make a decision whether or not to accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.

I make a point of not commenting after offering scriptures that have encouraged me. I simply hope that the scriptures below will be as helpful to you as they have been (and are) to me.

Best Wishes,
Allen

I Samuel 16: 7 (King James Version)
But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.

Matthew 24: 14 (King James Version – Jesus’ words in red
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.


Matthew 28: 18 - 20 (King James Version – Jesus’ words in red)
And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.


Revelations 7: 9 – 12 (King James Version)
After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,

No comments: