Thursday, July 07, 2005

My Sympathies To London

I would like to express my heartfelt sympathies to the people of London, England today, following the brutal terrorist attacks in their subways and on at least one double-decker bus. I know people in the UK, some even in London. To my knowledge, noone I know personally was injured or killed in the attacks but that does not lessen my empathy for those who were. It could just as easily have been my friends...as easily as it could have been the United States or anywhere else in the world.

Targeting innocent civilians at morning rush hour, to inflict the most casualties, is as calculating and evil as the attacks of September 11, 2001. It is just as true in London as it was in New York as it is in Baghdad or Afganistan. There is no justifying it, regardless of how one views the political or even military decisions and viewpoints of the governments of the countries attacked.

This is the world we live in. This is the evil we must face every day.

Understanding that there are people to whom life means nothing while death and suffering is a means to an end and a great victory.

Some people say there's no Devil, but sometimes he makes himself plain and undeniable in the hearts of evil men.

But God is greater. God offers lasting hope and lasting salvation and true comfort while the Devil offers pain and suffering and temporary lust and temporary power.

My prayers and sympathies go out to the people of London. I may be one man but I stand with you today, and many others do also.
I John 4: 17 - 21 (King James Version)

Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: bcause as he is, so are we in this world.

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

We love him, because he first loved us.

If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

Best Wishes,
Allen

No comments: