Friday, July 29, 2005

First Light Update

Tonight, First Light will be performing a two-hour concert in north Austin, Texas. First Light is the Christian band that my wife and I are in. An IR tie-in to that is that there are two IR married couples in the band (including my wife and I, of course). We will also be performing for people of several nationalities tonight, including
refugees from South America, Mexico and even Africa as well as a U.S. crowd. We'll be playing at a small but friendly and very accomodating church whose pastor we met at an April "Jesus Day" event that we played at in April. That pastor was moved by the spiritual nature of the "Jesus Day" performance and invited us to perform at his church, which we're more than happy to do.

It's been a while since First Light did 2 one-hour sets but we do have enough songs, enthusiasm and faith to just go for it. I've been excited all day. I invited just about everyone I could think of from the Austin Metro area and quite a few will be coming.

First Light had three rehearsals this week, in preparation for the performance. Last night's rehearsal doubled as sound check at the church itself. We were there till about 11:30 p.m. (we arrived just before 8:00 p.m.) but the sound was top-notch and we got a good rehearsal in.

The concert is going to be recorded, too, so that's really cool!

I'll give you an update on Monday on how things went...

Best Wishes,
Allen

No comments: