Monday, July 11, 2005

And On A Lighter Note...

My wife asked me to go uproot some very small (young) trees from our backyard yesterday. No big deal, I just got the shovel and dug down to the roots and cleared the way. On the way to returning the shovel, I saw how neglected our poor little back patio was: dirty and half-covered with at least a year's worth of dead leaves. I don't know why but I felt the strong urge to go get a broom and sweep away all the leaves, dirt and dust. Even though it's fairly narrow, I had forgotten how long and nice our patio was! I probably spent half an hour clearing it and then bagging the old musty leaves.

Even though it was 98 degrees (Fahrenheit) outside and I was sweating like crazy, I was determined to clean that patio off and make it look near-brand new -- and I did! It was extremely satisfying, even though I can't even tell you how much water I gulped down later to replentish my fluids.

I dunno, I guess I saw the advantages of being able to sit outside under a covered patio or get a real grill and have friends over for barbecue or grilled chicken kabobs or such.

It passed the "kid test." My oldest son, Adam, said it looked like we had a new patio. And it passed the "wife test." She thanked me for doing it.

I get the same way about cleaning our bathroom and doing dishes (except, ahem, I don't wait years to tackle those -- lol!).

Do you ever get passionately driven about cleaning things or rooms or areas? Leave me a comment and let me know. Thanks!

Best Wishes,
Allen

No comments: