Saturday, July 10, 2004

What A Difference A Few Months Make

In May, I was unemployed, still kind of sick and struggling to find relevant ways to spend my time while my wife worked and my kids were at school. Now, I've been blessed with a great job (that grants overtime -- woohoo!), my volunteer work running ISAA (International Size Acceptance Association) is booming and bustling (check out our Yahoo activism -- plus I'm writing an ISAA-related book.

I may be ridiculously busy but I'm hardly complaining! It's good to have purpose and feel needed.

I won't bore you with the daily ISAA routines. Let's just say that I do a lot of communicating and coordinating, often with ISAA branch leaders in different cities (and usually different continents). I'm grateful for e-mail and instant messaging or I wouldn't be able to do all this!

Why am I writing a book? Two reasons.

One: I believe that ISAA has had a fascinating history over the last seven years. In fact, I believe ISAA's history will be one that people will enjoy and be surprised at.

Two: This is an opportunity to sum up ISAA's philosophies and recommendations to the public which I truly believe represent a realistic, healthy way to deal with the "obesity epidemic." It is my hope that this information will help improve health and save lives.

This is some of what's been going on with me lately.

I'll keep you updated as things progress.

Best Wishes,
Allen

No comments: