Sunday, April 17, 2005

Some Site Updates

I've taken out a few things and shrunk down a few site graphics in an attempt to make the blog load faster. I mean, if the Blog Explosion people spend 18 seconds waiting for the page to load, that only gives them 12 seconds to look at the content. It's a no-brainer.

I really tried to do a complete design makeover but well, it just wasn't happening tonight. Maybe I'm just getting a little too ambitious at this stage. I remind myself of the old saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." The page-load time was kinda broke, so I'm trying to fix that, but design itself isn't bad. I don't get complaints that the site is hideous or e-mails with nothing but laughter concerning the look of the site, so that's encouraging...

I think if I ever have time or unbridled ambition, I'll make the move to Moveable Type, but till then, Blogger is just fine.

Best Wishes,
Allen

No comments: