Friday, January 10, 2003

Even though this is my second blog entry for IR Haven, it's more like the first real entry, because it's personal.

My name is Allen Steadham. I'm married to an African-American woman who is also descended from Native Americans. We have two sons, Adam and Josey, who are 7 and 4, respectively. My wife and I are nondenominational Christians who are also musicians and creatively inclined (music, art, stories, etc.) I work as a Network Administrator at an engineering firm here in Austin, Texas. I also founded and run a not-for-profit organization called the International Size Acceptance Association. My wife is a stay-at-home mom for our youngest son.

Angel and I brought in the New Year at church (along with our sleepy kids) dressed for the occasion in our African outfits (it was our first time wearing them). Yes, real African outfits from Africa! We enjoyed participating in the service, bringing in 2003 on our knees praying.


Me and Angel in our African attire at about 1:30 a.m. on New Year's Day.

I'll write more later!

Best Wishes,
Allen