Thursday, December 15, 2005

Thank goodness for word verification!

I really didn't like having to remove the comments. When people are genuine (and not spammers), the comments are interesting and appreciated. But I was getting spammers automatically leaving rather annoying and disgusting links and junking up all of my blogs, so I removed them.

I decided to check in on IR Haven this morning, since I haven't blogged in several weeks (been working like crazy, my cable company job went permanent -- woohoo!). I noted that Blogger obviously figured out they were being spam-bombed and devised a common sense defense (the same kind of word verification methods like the ones eBay and Google use to screen out spammers). So I've turned comments back on and we'll see how it goes.

I'll try to do a bit more blogging in the coming days, a lot has been going on.

Best Wishes,
Allen

No comments: