Saturday, December 24, 2005

A Pre-Christmas Family Evening

Yesterday, after finishing up the last minute Christmas shopping, Angel suggested we get tickets for the whole family to go see The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe. I was a little hesistant about taking the kids to a movie which I knew would have a major battle scene, but I've recently read the book for the first time and knew what was coming. I just wanted to avoid the quasi-debacle that happened when I took the kids to see the first Spiderman movie in 2002 (scared my oldest son, Adam, in a few places).

So we went, we saw -- and we enjoyed! I felt that the movie was very true to the book. My wife and kids really loved the movie and I was quite satisfied as well. Afterwards, we went to the Pappadeux seafood restaurant and had a sumptuous pre-Christmas meal together as a family. It was my first time having grilled fish and shrimp cabobs. I sprinkled a little lemon over it and, I kid you not, it was as good as steak in terms of taste and aroma and texture. They gave us so much food that we all took home leftovers! Yummmm...

It all made for a nice family outing.

Best Wishes,
Allen

No comments: