Monday, September 11, 2006

Memories...



I visited New York City for the first (and thus far, only) time in March 1987. I was a senior in high school visiting the city for a journalism conference with my journalism teacher. In our spare time, we visited many places including Greenwich Village (we got a tour by a native Brooklyner), the World Trade Center and the Empire State Building.

I took the picture from the top of the Empire State Building. Here's an enlarged version:



It was about 6 in the evening and there was just a haze that day, which makes the towers look eerie, ghostly. For the longest time, I still had my ticket from the World Trade Center. Sometimes it's hard to believe they're (the people and the towers are) gone, especially on this day, the fifth anniversary of 9.11.01.

My heart and my prayers go out to the families who were directly impacted that day...from NYC to the Pentagon to Pennsylvania.

Best Wishes,
Allen

No comments: