Friday, April 25, 2003

Ah, It's Friday...

First, let me announce that we got our van back last Thursday. I was glad for that, even though the PT Cruiser was pretty nice (as was having a CD stereo system in the car).

The musical drama A Crown Of Thorns went extremely well last Sunday. We had a good turnout, the program had a good pace and transitioned very smoothly between scenes and songs. One of the elements I like about our church and about this musical drama is that the makeup of the people is interracial and international. We have many IR couples in our nondenominational church and many biracial and multiracial children, young people and adults. The Bible says that God is no respecter of persons and Jesus told his disciples to preach the gospel of peace to all nations. We practice that in our everyday lives, although it took the Lord changing us to make that possible for a group of over 300 people of all ages and all nations. God gets all the glory for that because people have a hard time doing that on their own.

It's been a good week so far. Tomorrow will mark the Fifth Annual International Size Acceptance Day (ISA Day). I'm pleased to announce that Austin Mayor Gus Garcia granted my request to have Saturday April 26, 2003 proclaimed "International Size Acceptance Day" for the City of Austin, Texas. ISAA began ISA Day in 1998 as a way to bring attention to size- and self-esteem-related matters and more recently, ISAA's Respect Fitness Health Initiative.

You can view the proclamation here

I also had the pleasure of being interviewed by USA Today and the San Antonio Express-News. I don't know when the USA Today story will be printed/go online but the SA Express-News story will see print tomorrow. If I can find it online, I'll relay a link in my next blog.

That's all for now. See you soon!

Best Wishes,
Allen

No comments: