Friday, February 14, 2003

St. Paul and New England radio coverage and, oh yeah, now I'm A Movie Star...

Happy Valentine's Day

I apologize for the lack of blog in the last week or so but I have more than enough exciting info to make up for it!

Last Monday (2.3.03) I got a call from a radio show producer in St. Paul, Minnesota. She had seen the TIME Magazine article I was quoted in and wanted me to appear on the Arnie Arneson show. Arnie was a most gracious radio host, included me in her morning topic prior to discussing ISAA and the TIME article; I had about 25 minutes on her morning show. Then, after we finished, she called me personally at my home and said she felt things went so well that she wanted to include me in her afternoon show. She told me she is heard throughout New England on her afternoon show and of course I agreed. The afternoon show was even more productive, as we discussed size acceptance, health, fitness, the decline of physical fitness in schools, Without Measure, Entitled 2003 and more! All in one day...



That same Monday, I got a call from a filmmaker named Morgan in New York who's shooting a documentary concerning the recent fast food lawsuits. This has the potential to be a major documentary that could be released in theaters around the country. After communicating via phone, voicemail and e-mail for over a week, Morgan and Steve The Cameraman arrived in Austin late yesterday afternoon. I asked Gia Melissa Marciano, my co-host from The ISAA Rapportand the President of the ISAA Austin chapter to be a part of the documentary; I also asked if we could film our segment of the documentary at her and Darren The Producer (her partner)'s house; she agreed.

After waiting a mere 45 minutes for them to make the house environment suitable for filming, Gia and I were miked for sound and the interrogation began. Actually, Morgan and Steve were perfect gentlemen (although I think they would cringe at being described that way) and went out of their way to make everyone comfortable and engaged in what we were doing. I'm not going to go into much detail about the film because I don't want to give too much away, it's a really great concept and should help inform a lot of people about health- and size-related issues. Morgan seemed to be very pleased with the sound bites he got from our interview and felt it would get some good facts out to the public, which what ISAA is all about.

Now, considering that the whole interview was somewhere between one and two hours, (where does the time GO?) we'll probably be fortunate to get 10 minutes in the film, but that's fine. This was a great opportunity.

...and now Gia and I can say we are movie stars...

...non-paid movie stars...

...but movie stars nonetheless!



Best Wishes,
Allen